Ultimation began working on Harpoon 4 in 1999. Based on the series of board games by New York Times best-selling author Larry Bond, Harpoon4 is the latest in a storied procession of Harpoon computer games dating back to 1990.
Harpoon 4 will include several compelling features:
- Immediate Playability: The point-and-click interface allows the player as much or as little control as he desires.
- Immersive Graphics: Including dynamic weather effects, lots of explosions, and 3D models for over 200 units.
- Customizability: Both realtime 3d views and 2d map screens are adjustable and thumbnailable, showing all the action in a manageable way
- Multiplayer: Includes competitive and cooperative modes, as well as allowing multiple players to split duties on each side.
- Open Access: The comprehensive, detailed, and open-format platform database stretches from 1984 to the present day.
- No Boundaries: Detailed USGS topographic and hydrographic data is integrated into both the 3D view and overhead chart screen. Battles are not constrained by arbitrary map limits.
- High Tide: Harpoon 4's featured campaign, written by Larry Bond himself.
- Do-it-yourself: The integrated scenario editor gives any user the ability to design their own battles.
Realtime strategy, intelligent gameplay and boundless entertainment - Harpoon 4 combines it all in one package.